When you come up out of the water, all you might FEEL is wet. That’s ok. You don’t need to feel this, you simply need to walk in obedience. Water Baptism is symbolic AND supernatural! The need to make it one or the other is a false division. Every baptism in the Bible is tied directly to supernatural encounter with God . . .
- John’s for repentance – Mark 1:4-5
- Jesus’ for identity – Mark 1:9-11
- Day of Pentecost (Holy Spirit encounter AND water baptism) – Acts 2:37-41)
- Philip’s miracles & baptisms in Samaria (Acts 8:5-13)
- Ethiopian Eunuch’s supernatural encounter & baptism (Acts 8:36-38)
- Paul’s encounter with Christ & baptism (Acts 9:1-19)
- Gentiles speaking in tongues & water baptism (Acts 10:47-48)
- Jailor’s supernatural deliverance & baptism (Acts 16:27-34)
Bottom line – when you get water baptized you’re going to encounter God! It’s God’s will for every believer to have a meaningful baptism. But I have to go one step further, the significance of water baptism is no less than the death and resurrection of Jesus Himself that YOU NOW PARTICIPATE IN! . . . “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” (Rom. 6:4 NIV) What does that mean? The resurrection power of Jesus lives in you! What does THAT mean fully? I think it will take us way into eternity to unpack it, but I know it’s good, so good.
If you haven’t been water baptized, this is your next step – this Sunday is your day! Come and celebrate with others this Sunday, the worship, the teaching, the Gathering & the water baptisms – it’s going to be a party!