- “You want to be a coach, don’t you.” I said.
- “I want to be a what?” She replies incredulous.
- “You want to coach volleyball and basketball, don’t you? . . .”
- “Yeah, but I never told anyone . . .” She says.
- “God knows your heart, and He knows that you’re not playing right now because of things out of your control, but you’re going to play again, and He has plans for you as a coach. He loves that you want to be a coach and He’s going to use you.”
The words had just started to roll out of my heart by that point, as they pierced the heart of this teenager who had been through so much. She had people reject, abuse and tell her what she couldn’t do her whole life. So even when someone came along to encourage her she didn’t believe them. But not this time. God shined light onto the secrets of her heart through supernatural knowledge (Word of knowledge), and everything in her heart became free game again.
When God reveals the secrets of the heart, the heart will open like a flower to Him and to people. Paul wrote about this to the church in Corinth . . .
“But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of all and convinced of all, 25 as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, ‘God is really among you!’” (1 Cor. 14:24-25)
That girl walked into an environment where God’s words were being poured out, and the gold in her was being called out. This time she couldn’t convince herself out of the encouragement, and she couldn’t run from God’s love. She decided to become an all-in Jesus follower!
Truth . . .
- The secrets of your heart are laid bare before our Father, and He still likes you.
- The secrets of others hearts are available to everyone through Holy Spirit, when we partner with Him for kingdom purposes, with His love in our heart.
Does your heart need to open up today? Who will you target for God’s love?